Sunday, March 4, 2012

It's Time for Little League

Here they are, in their brand new uniforms, ready to play baseball (and T-Ball for Tustin) for the first time ever. Yesterday, Saturday the 3rd, was Opening Day. They had ceremonies in the morning, and then Tut's T-Ball game at 11am, and Keegan's Caps game at noon. Tustin has had one practice a week for the last 3 weeks, and Keegan has had two practices a week. Tustin will soon have 2 a week, plus Saturday games. Keegan will probably have 3 practices a week, with Saturday games and possibly a week-day game as well. I volunteered to be Team Mom for Tustin's team, and was the only one who showed up to the meeting for Keegan's team, so I became Team Mom, by default, for Keegan's team as well. I organize the fundraisers, beg people for money, sell raffle tickets at some of the games, plan the snack schedule for the team, and just help with the general organizational issues as necessary. Having fun so far, but for BOTH teams it's a bit much. I wont quit thought, or no one will step up for Keegan's team, and we probably wont raise any money in any of the fundraisers, or get t-shirts, or attend the group Padre game or any of that. So, I'm doing it! And I'm organized, so I'll be good at it!



No comments:

Post a Comment