Saturday, June 6, 2009

Infected by a Virus!

No-- NOT ME!!! My computer. It was horrible. One day, these pop-ups started telling me I have a horrible worm virus. They look just like antivirus software, with a shield and everything. It was called Personal Antivirus-- or "PAV worm" as the techies called it! Luckily, I knew it was a scam, and didn't hit "yes" when they asked if I wanted to run the virus scan-- that's how they get in, steal your passwords, and wipe your hard drive clean! I couldn't even Google for how to get rid of this virus, because after the virus DE-ACTIVATED my own anti-virus software, it blocked everything on my Internet when doing Google searches. It was horrible. Took it in to a fix-it shop, and they were able to get rid of the virus, and save everything on my computer!! Whew! So, I haven't had my computer up and running for a week-- but now I'm back in action!

No comments:

Post a Comment