Monday, June 23, 2008

I MADE IT!!!


Oh, I mean, KEEGAN made it

-- through his first day at his new preschool! NO TEARS! It was wonderful. I dropped him off this morning, got all of his things in their proper places, read him a book (there was only one other kid there at 7am), and said good bye. He usually watches me walk away until he physically can't see me anymore. Not this morning. He leaned out the door, waved, caught the kiss I blew at him, said "Bye Mommy, have a good day," and walked right into the class room! I was so proud of him!

In the morning, all of the kids gather in a different room than his usual classroom, with some of the teachers who arrive early, until all the other kids and teachers start showing up. So, he didn't really even know those teachers. But, no problem at all. One of Keegan's teachers arrived about 10 minutes after I left. She called me on my cell phone to let me know that she had gotten to work, and than Keegan was doing great! That was nice of her to call!

I picked him up after work, and he was so busy playing with toys, and the other kids, he didn't come running over to me like he usually does at the end of a preshool day. He said, "Mom, I'm having so much fun, I'm not ready to go yet!" The teachers said he did great, that he was very sweet, very polite, he listened well, followed directions, participated in all the activities, etc. And the best part, he spent the next 25 minutes on the drive home telling me EVERYTHING he did during his day at preschool. He told me the whole story of the book they read, explained a couple of games that they played, etc. (His old response, after a day at his old preschool, was "I don't want to talk about it." Or I'd ask him what you did today, "Just played," he'd say with no details.)

SUCCESS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment