Sunday, March 9, 2008

New Keeganisms...

Chammy's Bowl:
Since Keegan was about 18 months old, we've been telling him, "No Keegan, you CAN'T drink out of Chammy's water bowl, it's dirty!" A couple of weeks ago, he pointed to her water bowl out back and said "Mommy, is Chammy's water dirty? And that's why we can't drink it?" I felt a wave of happiness, did he finally get it? After all this time? I said "YES, Keegan, that's right, it's dirty water, and that's why we can't drink it!" Then he said, with a sad little face, "If it is dirty water, and we can't drink it, then why is it okay for Chammy to drink dirty water Mommy?"

Fly Like a Bird:
We were driving home one day last week-- which is when Keegan has a lot of his "deep thoughts"-- and he said, "Mommy, I wish I could fly like a bird." I said, "Yes, I do too, that sure would be fun, wouldn't it?" He said "Yes." So, I told him, "Maybe when you grow up, you can be an airplane pilot, and fly airplanes way up in the sky like the birds..." He looked at me like I was crazy and said, "Well, why can't I just be a bird when I grow up??"

No comments:

Post a Comment