Friday, March 28, 2008

Advice? Anyone??

Who would have thought that the decisions you make for your kid's preschool would be so difficult! (Okay, for those of you who have been-there/done-that, you know!) Well, I take it all back, this day in age, who you find to take care of your precious children IS difficult and stressful!

Keegan is in a preschool now, two days a week. (We just cut down from two full days to two half days, which has been helping with his anxiety issues incredibly! No more tears when I drop him off.) Well, he's been on a waiting list at another preschool since August! They just called me yesterday to let me know they are enrolling kids off their waiting list for their summer program!

This other preschool is GREAT! Feel free to check out their site if you so desire: www.canyonrimcc.com. I feel that it will be a much more "educational-based" preschool than where he is now. Where he is now is nice, but seems to be more of a "day care" than an actual preschool. He's not really learning anything, except socialization skills and listening and following directions (don't get me wrong, all that is VERY important), but he needs to be challenged with brain-work too. BUT-- this other one is much more expensive, a bit farther away, and do I pull him out of a place he is just getting used to, and make him start all over with his anxiety issues?!! If he doesn't start there until June, should I take him out of school right now all together, so he doesn't actually get attached to friends and teachers? Or do I keep him where he is now, to stay in the groove of having (wait, "getting") to go to school?

Signed,
In Turmoil, please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment