Friday, December 11, 2009

The Boys' Baptism






I'm a bit behind, so let's backtrack to Thanksgiving-- before we get into all the fun Christmas pictures ahead! Thanksgiving was a big day for us-- we baptised the boys, and by "we," I mean Chris & I!! Under the direction of Father Dom (95 years old!), I said the words required to make it "official," and poured holy water over their foreheads. After that, Chris raised them to the heavens in an offering (which they got a kick out of). And then Father Dom talked to us about heaven and God, and how we should strive to live our lives, and by the baptism, we are promising to raise the kids with the best morals and values we know. (Although there is no official certificate, he said if we write everything down, who was there, the date, etc., it will be recognized in the church, if necessary, some day.) Chris and I aren't big church people, but consider ourselves to be spiritual people. We've wanted to get the boys baptised for many years now, but it's hard to find a church to do it if you aren't members of the church. So this was the perfect situation for us. And, I have to admit, I did get a bit emotional after our ceremony, listening to Father Dom. Thank you to Dan-Pa and Grammie for hosting this wonderful holiday for us, and for assisting with the baptism through Father Dom (Dominic).

No comments:

Post a Comment