Monday, March 9, 2009

Finally- Time for a Keeganism... or Two...

Keegan used to not like talking about his day too much. Last week, he turned a corner. He told me ALL about his day at preschool; he told me every single detail of his day at preschool! He said, "Mommy, are you proud of me? Because I'm always going to tell you about my day, forever."

Today, Chris picked Keegan up from preschool. I suggested that Chris put Tustin to bed, and I could put Keegan to bed, so we could talk about his day. He was tired, I could tell. Keegan told me he didn't want to tell me about his day, I asked "What about our deal? That you would always tell me?" He said "Well, when Daddy picks me up, I tell Daddy all about my day. And when YOU pick me up, I tell you all about my day. That's just how it is, Mommy." So matter-of-factly, I should have known!

Tustin is having a hard time adjusting to the time change, so tonight, it was a few too many excuses, and after 3 trips to his room, I finally said that he had to go to bed, and that I wasn't going to go back in there. I would let him whine/cry it out. After about 5 minutes of Tustin whining about a blanket, Keegan finally came to his door and said "Mommy, Tustin is keeping me awake, and I can't sleep." So, I suggested that Keegan (for the first time ever) go in to Tustin's room, tell him that he was keeping him awake, and to see if he could help him out. Tustin pointed out a different blanket that he wanted on, and I could hear Keegan say, "Okay, so lay down, and I'll put it on you," which he did. He then said "Tustin, you have to go to sleep now, I'm tired and you are keeping me awake." Tustin said, "Okay Keegan." Keegan stepped out in to the hallway, proud of his accomplishment. He said, down the hall so I could hear him in the living room, "So Mommy, when Tustin has a problem from now on, is it okay if I take care of it??" Kind of like he was doing a better job than I was, so I better let him take over! It was all very cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment