Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Nature Walk: Part 1

I got home from work today. My first day at work since our move. (I took yesterday off to unpack some stuff. Six hours of unpacking and "organizing" and it still seems like I got nowhere. Yet, I know I did!) Chris and the boys weren't home, so I put on some walking clothes and shoes, stashed my camera in a satchel (hmmmm, have I ever used that word before: satchel? I'm not entirely sure.), and headed out the back door for a walk around the lake. What beautiful nature we have here. Sun shining, breezes blowing. I saw one of the two local osprey flying around again. I've heard they have a baby they are trying to nudge out of the nest for its first flight. Didn't see any signs of the baby in the nest though. Apparently SDG&E has gone out of its way to make this nest a bit more safe for the big family. They've installed special covers over voltage lines, and even built a platform up at the top for the nesting osprey to make a home each year. It's a pretty cool sight... just don't walk below! I saw another large bird in another large nest in a nearby tree as well. Couldn't quite tell what kind of bird though. Just a big one! Cute little finches... SO many birds everywhere!
l

No comments:

Post a Comment