Monday, February 1, 2010

I Walked Right In to That One!

It was time for a little book reading before bed last night. But, since Keegan wanted to spend so much time on homework, I told him to pick just one book. He picked a big book about birds... like ones that bird enthusiasts read (he had asked Santa for it a couple of years ago). I said "Keegan, that's not a book that has a story or anything to read..." he said he knew that. So, I told him to pick 3 birds that we could read about, and then bed time. I must have sounded super excited, because he said "What mom? Don't you like this book?" I said "Ya, well, I like reading stories to you, and... uh, I just don't know so much about birds I guess." Here's the "I walked right into that one" part.... He looked at me, and simply stated, "Well, I guess we better read this one more often then!"

No comments:

Post a Comment